Prof. Dr. Julian Roelle
Institut für Erziehungswissenschaft
D - 44801 Bochum
The detailed CV (PDF) can be found here.
- Acadamic Degrees
- Habilitation (with venia legendi for Psychology), University of Bielefeld, January 2018
- Doctoral Degree (Dr. Phil.) in Psychology, University of Bielefeld, December 2011
- Diploma in Psychology, University of Freiburg, April 2010
- Abitur, Archigymnasium Soest, June 2003
- Position: Professor W3
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
The full list of pulications (PDF) can be found here.
- Heitmann, S., Grund, A., Fries, S., Berthold, K., & Roelle, J. (2021). The quizzing effect depends on hope of success and can be optimized by cognitive load-based adaptation. Learning and Instruction. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.learninstruc.2021.101526
- Moning, J., & Roelle, J. (2021). Self-regulated learning by writing learning protocols: Do goal structures matter? Learning and Instruction, 75, 101486. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.learninstruc.2021.101486
- Waldeyer, J., & Roelle, J. (2021). The keyword effect: A conceptual replication, effects on bias, and an optimization. Metacognition and Learning, 16, 37–56. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11409-020-09235-7
- Nückles, M., Roelle, J., Glogger-Frey, I., Waldeyer, J., & Renkl, A. (2020). The self-regulation-view in writing-to-learn: Using journal writing to optimize cognitive load in self-regulated learning. Educational Psychology Review, 32, 1089–1126. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10648-020-09541-1
- Waldeyer, J., Heitmann, S., Moning, J., & Roelle, J. (2020). Can generative learning tasks be optimized by incorporation of retrieval practice? Journal of Applied Research in Memory and Cognition, 9, 355–369. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jarmac.2020.05.001
For students: by appointment by e-mail.
For members of the Graduate School of Educational Studies and the PSE: Thursdays, 16-18 hrs (please register in advance by e-mail).