Welcome to the Educational Intervention, Evaluation and Implementation Research Group at Ruhr University Bochum
Our research group investigates processes of learning and instruction from the perspective of instructional and motivational psychology. Core topics are…
- …the interplay of generative learning processes and retrieval practice
- …the design of practice quizzing
- …the role of goal structures for the application of learning strategies
- …the optimization of means to enhance metacognitive judgment accuracy
- …learning from teaching on video
In investigating these core topics, we are interested (a) in underlying cognitive, motivational, and metacognitive mechanisms (i.e., use-inspired basic research), (b) in designing and evaluating applications of our basic findings for educational practice (i.e., applied research), and (c) in exploring the use of digital technology in optimizing the respective instructional support measures.